BlueChoice Advantage PlusSM, our open access plan, gives you freedom to visit doctors, even specialists, at your option. Unlike our Primary Choice plan, you don't have to choose a primary care physician or get a referral to see a contracting specialist. You can also go outside our network for your health care. But for maximum benefits, you should visit doctors, specialists, hospitals and other health care professionals in our statewide network.
BlueChoice Advantage Plus covers medically necessary services we list in the contract we sign with each employer.
Most contracts include these services:
- Physician and hospital services.
- Urgent and emergency care.
- Prescription drugs at low copayments.
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy.
- Ambulance service.
- Dental services needed for accidental injury.
- Durable medical equipment, supplies, original prosthetic appliances.
- Home health and hospice care.
- Routine vision and dental care.
Just remember — we may cover some services, such as preventive care, only when you visit a network participant. For more details on what we cover, please check your schedule of benefits. You can also see our Member Guide. To learn more, please call our Marketing department at 800-327-3183.
You can also view a sample Summary of Benefits and Coverage and a sample certificate of coverage.