This information pertains to existing grandfathered groups and is not available for new sales. View our new Affordable Care Act plans!
South Carolina businesses with 50 or fewer employees have an exciting health care option with CarolinaADVANTAGE!
This small group product offers employers a variety of affordable and flexible open access point of service plans to fit any budget. Members can visit any doctor they choose, without getting a referral from a primary care physician. Need to see a specialist? No referral necessary! Members can stay within our network or seek medical care outside the network. If they use professionals within our network, they'll typically receive higher benefits. Employers can even offer their employees a choice in plans with select dual option plan choices.
Here are some other features of CarolinaADVANTAGE:
- Primary and specialty doctor services
- Preventive care, including routine health screenings, well-baby and well-child care provided by in-network doctors
- Hospital services (inpatient and outpatient)
- Urgent and emergency care
- Prescription drugs with full mail-order service
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Ambulance service
- Dental services needed for accidental injury
- Durable medical equipment and medical supplies
- Home health and hospice care
- Initial prosthetic appliances
- Private duty nursing or skilled nursing facility care
- Vision care
- Great Expectations® for health, our health management programs.
CarolinaADVANTAGE members will also enjoy the benefits of First Sun EAP, the leading provider of employee assistance services in South Carolina. Because First Sun EAP is a separate company from BlueChoice HealthPlan, First Sun EAP will be responsible for all services related to employee assistance programs.
Check out the plan details. To see exactly what we cover, please check your schedule of benefits. For more information, please call our Marketing department at 800-327-3183. You can also view a sample Summary of Benefits and Coverage.