Companion Benefit Alternatives, Inc (CBA) handles credentialing for mental health practitioners for the CBA and BlueChoice HealthPlan networks. CBA is a separate company that administers behavioral health benefits on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan.
Here is a checklist of the tasks you must complete for credentialing:
- Read, complete, sign and return the CBA Practitioner Credentialing Application.
- Read, sign and return the CBA Professional Agreement (Please contact CBA at 1-800-868-1032, ext. 25744, to get this document).
- Sign and return each HMO Hold Harmless Agreement (Appendix C of the CBA Professional Agreement).
- Enclose a copy of the S.C. State License(s).
- Enclose a copy of the DEA License (if applicable).
- Enclose a copy of the protocol (Nurse Practitioners only).
- Enclose proof of current malpractice coverage.
Download the CBA Credentialing Application.
Please return the completed application to:
Companion Benefit Alternatives, Inc.
ATTN: Network Coordinator AX315
PO Box 100185
Columbia, SC 29202