Wherever you go, your health care coverage goes with you. When you're a BlueChoice HealthPlan member, you take your health care benefits with you — across the country and around the world.
Within the U.S.
- Always carry your current BlueChoice HealthPlan ID card for easy reference and access to service.
- In an emergency, go directly to the nearest hospital.
- To find nearby doctors and hospitals, call BlueCard® Access at 800-810-BLUE or check the Doctor & Hospital Finder.
- Call your Plan for precertification or prior authorization, if necessary. Refer to the phone number on the back of your card.
- When you arrive at the participating doctor's office or hospital, simply present your Plan ID card. If you are a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) member, the doctor will recognize the logo, which will ensure you will get the PPO level of benefits.
- You should not have to complete any claims forms or pay up front for medical services other than the usual out-of-pocket expenses (deductibles, copayment, coinsurance and non-covered services).
Around the World:
- Always carry your BlueChoice HealthPlan ID card when you travel or live outside the U.S.
- Follow the same simple process as in the U.S., with these exceptions:
- In most cases, you should not need to pay up front for inpatient care at BlueCard Worldwide hospitals. You are responsible for the usual out-of-pocket expenses (non-covered services, deductible, copayment and coinsurance). The hospital should submit your claim.
- You pay the doctor or hospital for inpatient care at non-BlueCard Worldwide hospitals, outpatient hospital care and other medical services. Then, complete an international claim form and send it to the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center.
You can also download a copy of the BlueCard program brochure, as well as one on BlueCard claims filing.