1095 Tax Forms
2020 IRS 1095-B tax forms are available in My Health Toolkit® if you received coverage from BlueChoice through a fully-insured, employer sponsored health plan. 1095-B is a form the IRS requires us to provide to you. It shows the health insurance coverage you had last year – in 2020 – that meets the Affordable Care Act standard for coverage. You can use the information on this to fill out your federal income tax return.
Once logged in, navigate to the "Quick Links" section on the home screen and select "IRS Form 1095". Your 1095-B form can also be found under "Resources" at the top of the screen.
You may also request a copy of your 1095-B form by:
- Emailing us at BlueChoiceMemberServices@BlueChoiceSC.com
- Calling us at the number listed on the back of your member ID card.
- Writing to us at: P.O. Box 6170, Columbia, SC 29260
If you do not have a My Health Toolkit account, it only takes a few minutes to create one. To register, you'll need to enter your member ID number (or your Social Security Number) and date of birth. Your Member ID number can be found on the front of your member ID card.
With a My Health Toolkit account, you can:
- View and share your digital ID card.
- Quickly check the status of your claims.
- Confirm your coverage for services.
- Find a local provider who's right for you.
- Make changes to personal information.
- I have already filed my tax return for 2020 – before you provided the 1095-B Form to me. What should I do?
If you relied on other information about your insurance coverage to file your tax return, be sure to keep this information with your tax records. If you are concerned that you filed your return with incorrect information, please consult your tax adviser.
- What is the tax penalty for not having coverage in 2020?
The individual mandate tax penalties were set to zero after December 31, 2018. So, individuals are no longer responsible for this payment or tax penalty. However, you may need the information on the 1095-B form we provide to complete your 2020 income tax return.