Expanded Telehealth Services — Blue CareOnDemand
BlueChoice HealthPlan of South Carolina Expands Access to Telehealth Benefits!
BlueChoice® has expanded their telehealth policy effective March 17 for the next thirty days.
- Telephone visits: Services delivered over the phone to existing patients will be covered. Providers offering these services must already be credentialed in the BlueChoice system.
- Telehealth services: HIPAA-compliant telehealth services (process and technology using both audio and video) will be covered at the same benefit level as office visits. This includes visits with new patients and current patients for providers already credentialed by BlueChoice to offer telehealth services. Other providers will need to apply to BlueChoice to use these telehealth services in their practices.
How to Access Blue CareOnDemand
Download the app to your phone or visit www.BlueCareOnDemandSC.com on your desktop.
Visit www.BlueCareOnDemandSC.com on your desktop.
Make sure you have your insurance card on hand. You can find a copy of your insurance card in My Health Toolkit®.
In addition to expanding virtual access to health care providers, we are continuing to:
- Waive Prior Authorizations. We will waive prior authorizations for diagnostic tests and for covered services that are medically necessary and consistent with CDC guidance for members if diagnosed with COVID-19.
- 100% Coverage on Testing. We will cover medically necessary diagnostic tests that are consistent with CDC guidance related to COVID-19.*
- Increase Access to Medications. We will increase access to prescription medications by encouraging members to use their 90-day mail order benefit. We will also ensure formulary flexibility if there are shortages or access issues. Members will not be liable for additional charges that stem from obtaining a non-preferred medication if the preferred medication is not available due to shortage or access issues.
*The waiver for all cost sharing is solely for the COVID-19 test and not the associated physician office visit and other services. These services will still be subject to office copay, deductible and coinsurance.
For the latest information, visit www.BlueChoiceSC.com/COVID-19.