Our plans include routine adult vision coverage using the Physicians Eyecare Network (PEN). For adult vision care (ages 20 and over), this includes:
- $0 copayment for one routine eye exam or one exam for contact lenses per benefit period.
- $45 copayment for one standard contact lens fitting per benefit period.
- $0 copayment for one pair of eyewear from a designated selection every other benefit period.
Outside the South Carolina service area, we will allow $71 toward the routine eye exam, and we will apply a $120 credit to the purchase of eyewear. The member must file these claims.
We offer pediatric vision on all our plans through Physicians EyeCare Network (PEN). PEN is an independent company that offers a vision network on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan.
For children (ages 0–18), this includes:
- $25 copayment for one comprehensive vision exam every benefit year
- $50 copayment for one pair of glasses (lenses and frames) per benefit year
- Single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal or lenticular lenses covered in full (after materials copayment)
- A standard selection of frames are covered in full (after materials copayment)
In lieu of eyeglasses, elective contact lens services and materials are covered with a minimum three months’ supply for any of these options:
- Standard (one pair annually)
- Biweekly (three-month supply)
- Monthly (six-month supply)
- Dailies (three-month supply)
Necessary contact lenses are covered in full for members who have specific conditions for which contact lenses provide better visual correction
*For dependent children through the age of 18. Adult vision care begins on the first day of the month following their 19th birthday.