Participant's Bill of Rights
Health coaches respect the wishes of participants and their family members and recognize that participants have RIGHTS and RESPONSIBILITIES, including the:
• Right to know the philosophy and characteristics of the health coaching program.
• Right to have personally identifiable health information shared by the health coaching program only in accordance with state and federal law.
• Right to identify a staff member and his or her job title, and to speak with a supervisor of a staff member, if requested.
• Right to receive accurate information from the health coaching program.
• Right to receive administrative information a bout changes in or termination of the health coaching program.
• Right to decline participation, revoke consent or disenroll at any time.
• Responsibility to submit any forms necessary to participate in the program, to the extent the law requires.
• Responsibility to give accurate clinical and contact information, and to notify the health coaching program of changes in this information.
• Responsibility to notify their treating providers of their participation in the health coaching program, if applicable.
• Understand when disease management information will be disclosed to third parties.
Health coaches inform members of these rights and uphold them at all times during the program.